My students always ask me for a good recipe for vanilla cupcakes. There are many good recipes and here is one. It is adapted from a famous bakery in New York City. I hope you enjoy it.
Famous Bakery Vanilla Cupcakes
2 -1/2 cups cake flour
2 -1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line 2 (1/2 cup) muffin tins with cupcake papers and set aside.
3.Sift the cake flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes until fluffy.
5. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Add the dry ingredients in 3 parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. Mix until combined but do not over beat.
7. Spoon batter into the prepared cupcakes tins fill them about 3/4 full.
8.Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
9.Cool the cupcakes in tins for 15 minuts. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack.